Contact between families and children in out-of-home care can be challenging to organise, yet it is so important. Often a time and location for a contact event needs to suit many different people and it can be a very time-consuming process to organise.
At times, contact is supervised, sometimes by a caseworker who is unfamiliar to the child. This means that important information about the child such as their allergens, behaviours and triggers may be unknown. As contact is so important, FACS would like to support NGO caseworkers to organise contact.
The contact management tool helps coordinate contact between children and young people in out-of-home care and their birth families.
The images on the right shows how the contact management tool works.
Download an information pack
Who is it for and how does it help?
- Reminders about what to bring for contact
- Provides a map to the contact location
- Provides a photo of the caseworker who will drive them to their contact location
CASEWORKERS (FACS & NGO)
- Able to schedule contact events and invite attendees
- Able to see upcoming contact events and attendees
- Can prompt family members and carers to contribute to Life Story work for a child
- Able to send personal text messages to remind participants about contact events
- Can see important information about the child such as about allergens, behaviours and triggers
- Able to see who will be attending contact
- Able to easily reschedule the contact visit
- Provides a photo of the worker who will be driving the child or young person to the visit