Interactive knowledge capture
The interactive knowledge capture tool enables workers to engage and gain information from children and young people in a fun, interactive and age-appropriate way. It can be used to educate children about the situation they are in and what is going on around them.
It facilitates the capture of the child's emotional state, ways to discuss their relationships, future plans, hobbies, possessions and culture, using avatars and pictures.
The tool also provides a valuable way for workers to discuss tasks associated with the child's case plan.
Who is it for and how does it help?
- Information can be provided through a voice recording, catering for those with low literacy
- Engaging and age-appropriate ways to provide information
- Easier to understand the decision-making process in relation to their care
- Provides a non-confrontational way to engage with children and young people
- Gathers information from children and young people in a non-intrusive way
- Better information to inform decision making
- Gains engagement from children and young people in decision making
- Able to understand what is important in a child's life
- Tracks and monitors the child's view of their situation
- Able to track and record what has been promised to the child